Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Bar Mitzvah

Wow, what an event! The Bar Mitzvah was an absolute smash. I couldn't have been prouder watching my son read his Torah portion and standing in front of the congregation as a leader. I have to say that I did NOT cry during the service , made it through reading my little speech to him and then cried during the closing song. I had family in from all over the country - and we celebrated up until today when my sister and neice left town :(

I will post pictures soon.

BTW - I am taking on some leadership things at school next year! I am scared and excited and going to Chicago for some training next month. Stay tuned for details.
Deb

1 comment:

ErinO said...

I am so glad it went well! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, I can't wait to see pictures! I miss you guys and really hope we'll be able to make it to the get together in July. Where and when???